(Clip art courtesy of clipart.com)
Every person can now respond to the Census online at https://2020census.gov. Many people should've received an invitation as of March 12. Here are some key reminders to help people to respond online:
- The invitation gives instructions for responding to the 2020 Census online at: https://my2020census.gov and by phone by calling the numbers available below. Here you can find the PDFs of all the mailings.
- Use the Census ID included in your invitation to respond online. You can also respond without the ID by providing your address.
- If you need help or would prefer to respond by phone, call a toll-free number provided in the invitation.
- By mid-April, all households that have not responded will receive a paper questionnaire in the mail. You can fill it out and mail (pre-paid postage).
- Make sure you count everyone in your home, including any friends or family members who are living and sleeping there most of the time.
- Don't forget to include in your responses everyone who is expected to live in your home on April 1.
The Census Bureau is providing video guides narrated in 59 non-English languages (including American sign language) to help people respond online and print guides written in the 59 non-English languages to help people complete the English paper questionnaire. Guides are also available in Braille and large print English.
As of March 12, the Census Bureau offers live, non-English help-by-phone between 7 a.m.- 2 a.m. ET. Support on all language lines will end on July 31, 2020. Below are phone numbers for help in specified languages:
- English: 844-330-2020
- Spanish: 844-468-2020
- Chinese (Mandarin): 844-391-2020
- Chinese (Cantonese): 844-398-2020
- Vietnamese: 844-461-2020
- Korean: 844-392-2020
- Russian: 844-417-2020
- Arabic: 844-416-2020
- Tagalog: 844-478-2020
- Polish: 844-479-2020
- French: 844-494-2020
- Haitian Creole: 844-477-2020
- Portuguese: 844-474-2020
- Japanese: 844-460-2020
- English (Puerto Rico residents): 844-418-2020
- Spanish (Puerto Rico residents): 844-426-2020
Telephone Display Device (TDD) 844-467-2020 will also be available for people who have hearing impairments.