All Central Unified schools are operating for in-person and online instruction with multiple health and safety measures in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Part of our Return to School and COVID-19 Prevention Plan includes thorough contact tracing in the event a confirmed positive case is reported to our schools.
The Central Unified COVID-19 dashboard provides the community with a real-time reporting tool that reflects confirmed positive cases of COVID-19 reported to a school or support department of the District by a student or staff. Included in this dashboard are confirmed positive cases reported by students onsite for in-person instruction, intervention, or co-curricular programs, and staff members working at any school or district site, even if a case was contracted elsewhere.
A positive case is defined as an individual who has been on-site and who has reported a positive COVID-19 test result to the district and is reported in the dashboard based on the month in which the positive test was taken by an individual (not the month in which the report was made to the District).
This dashboard is designed to provide up-to-date information on positive COVID-19 reporting at all District locations. The Central Unified COVID-19 dashboard is updated monthly.
A determination about the temporary closure of a building or classroom due to the presence of positive COVID-19 cases is determined by the Fresno County Department of Public Health working with the Central Unified contact tracing team. A determination to temporarily relocate a class, building, or site online due to staffing availability is made by the school or department administration in collaboration with district and local health officials.
COVID-19 CONTACT TRACING AND COMMUNICATION
The following process occurs in the case of a positive COVID-19 test of a Central Unified employee or student:
- The student or employee with a positive COVID-19 test reports to their school site or immediate supervisor a positive test result.
- Contact tracing is initiated by Central Unified’s trained Contact Tracing team.
- Disinfection of any identified locations related to the positive test is completed by the district sanitation-disinfection team.
- Director and/or Principal/District administrators send two communications:
- To the staff/student’s parent or guardian who tested positive with information about available resources and processes for returning after appropriate isolation.
- To students or staff members who may have had close contact exposure as determined by contact tracing.